Audio Description & Accessibility
Thematic collaborative initiative at Lund University: Audio description for accessible communication and social inclusion (ADACOM)
Our thematic collaborative initiative is one of Lund University strategic efforts with the goal of addressing central social challenges. To achieve this goal interdisciplinary research efforts within academia, as well as collaboration with partners outside of academia is needed.
Our collaborative initiative is made up of both researchers and representatives from different government agencies, interest groups, educators and users:
- Faculty of Humanities and Theology, Lund University
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Lund University
- Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
As well as:
- Swedish Agency for Accessible Media (Myndigheten för tillgängliga medier - MTM)
- The National Agency for Special Needs Education and Schools (Specialpedagogiska skolmyndigheten – SPSM)
- Training in Audio Description at Fellingsbro folkhögskola
- The Swedish Association of the Visually Impaired (Synskades riksförbund – SRF)
- Riksorganisationen Unga med synnedsättning (US)
You can read more about the collaborative initiative on our own website (In Swedish):
We have an international network of researchers and audio describers from the UK, Belgium, Finland, Spain, Italy, Poland, the Czech Republic. In addition, we are also in contact with representatives of the ICEVI (The International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment) and NOVIR (Nordic Visual Impairment Network in the field of education and rehabilitation).